The Baltimore City Green Party is seeking candidates for upcoming elections. Running as a Green Party candidate is an opportunity to advance Green values and solutions and to give voters an opportunity to have a choice outside of the one-party system here in Baltimore.
We encourage candidates to build their own campaign strategy and their own team, but we will connect you with volunteers and provide some campaign training opportunities.
Greens have a variety of reasons to run for office. Some run to win, others run to raise important issues. Some run to organize local parties, and others run simply to provide voters with a choice. Whatever your reason for running for office, it is an exciting opportunity to:
- Meet your neighbors.
- Connect with the issues in your community.
- Advocate for the change you would like to see.
2022 Elections in Maryland
The following is important information regarding our plans for the 2022 elections:
- The Baltimore City Green Party will be ballot-qualified for the 2022 elections.
- The Baltimore City Green Party's nominations will depend on YOU! We want to nominate the strongest candidates in 2022. You can start proving your strength as a candidate by organizing your campaign now.
- You are allowed to establish a campaign finance entity and bank account NOW. As soon as you fulfill the requirements set out by the State Board of Elections, you can begin raising money and holding campaign events. DON'T WAIT! We are encouraging Green candidates to start organizing today.
- Once you fulfill the legal requirements and publicly declare your campaign, you can refer to yourself as a "Candidate seeking the Green Party's nomination."
- You are allowed to raise money, hold campaign events, and advertise yourself as a candidate before filing begins. There is no reason to wait!
- The Baltimore City Green Party may clarify or establish other requirements for candidates seeking the party's nomination. These guidelines will be available later in 2021. You DO NOT need to wait for these guidelines to be completed to begin campaigning. You will not be disqualified for not following guidelines that haven't been made public yet.
- We hold regular public meetings and maintain active social media accounts. More information about the Baltimore City Green Party's guidelines and nomination policies will be discussed there. You DO NOT need a legal team to understand and comply with our guidelines.
- Baltimore City Green Party representatives are available to answer your questions throughout the process. We want to nominate great candidates in 2022. We need YOU to build those strong campaigns so you can win our nomination and give Baltimoreans more and better choices on their ballots. START TODAY!
Contact us at [email protected] to learn more.