The Baltimore City Green Party (BGP) will be starting a book club in 2022 focused on understanding the way apartheid institutions have been built in Baltimore and beyond, and how to begin to implement racial justice solutions that repair that damage.
More details will be forthcoming on a new Slack channel, but here’s what we know so far:
- We will start in January 2022 and plan to work with one book per quarter, meeting 1-2 times per month via Zoom.
- Our inaugural book will be The Racial Contract, by Charles Mills, followed by Lawrence Brown’s The Black Butterfly.
- We will co-create the space based on the people in it; everyone interested is encouraged to join regardless of prior knowledge/experience.
- We will use the books to orient our discussions, however, we will supply additional shorter-form pieces like articles and podcasts. Folks who join can use whatever materials work for them to discuss the ideas.
- Andy and Dana will be conveners and facilitators for the discussions.
Please contact [email protected] if you’re interested and you’ll be added to the Slack channel for more information and logistics.